- Title: Watch rivers of red hot lava spurting from La Palma volcano
- Date: 10th October 2021
- Summary: LA PALMA, SPAIN (OCTOBER 10, 2021) (REUTERS) (DAWN SHOTS) LAVA ERUPTING FROM CUMBRE VIEJA VOLCANO AS DAWN BREAKS CLOSE OF LAVA SPURTING FROM VOLCANO VARIOUS OF RED HOT LAVA FLOWING DOWN THE VOLCANO CLOSE OF LAVA SPURTING FROM VOLCANO VARIOUS OF JET OF LAVA ERUPTING FROM VOLCANO, LAVA FLOWING DOWN HILLSIDE
- Embargoed: 24th October 2021 10:31
- Keywords: dawn down hillside flowing la palma lava red hot lava rivers volcano
- Location: LA PALMA, SPAIN
- City: LA PALMA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Europe,Earthquakes/Volcanoes/Tsunami,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001EYKT6X3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Spectacular spurts of vivid lava emerged from the Cumbre Vieja volcano in Spain early on Sunday (October 10).
Rivers of lava could be seen pulsing down the sides of the volcano, which has been erupting on the island of La Palma for almost three weeks.
The magma streaming down the hillside from the volcano destroyed nearly 1,150 buildings and surrounding land since the volcano began erupting on September 19.
About 6,000 people have been evacuated from their homes on La Palma, which has about 83,000 inhabitants.
(Production: Juan Medina, Liliana Ciobanu)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None