- Title: Czech president Zeman taken to hospital - hospital spokeswoman
- Date: 10th October 2021
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PEOPLE GATHERED TO WATCH ZEMAN IN WHEELCHAIR LIGHTING CANDLE PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (FILE - MARCH 8, 2013) (REUTERS) ZEMAN DURING SWEARING-IN CEREMONY CAMERA OPERATOR FILMING AUDIENCE ZEMAN STANDING UP AND WALKING TO THE PODIUM CAMERA OPERATORS FILMING ZEMAN SPEAKING PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (FILE - JANUARY 27, 2018) (REUTERS) ZEMAN WALKING INTO THE MEETING ROOM AFTER WINNING RE-ELECTION PEOPLE STANDING IN ROOM ZEMAN STANDING ON THE PODIUM WITH HIS WIFE IVANA AND DAUGHTER KATERINA
- Embargoed: 24th October 2021 11:48
- Keywords: Czech President Milos Zeman Czech Republic Zeman taken to hopsital
- Location: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- City: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Country: Czech Republic
- Topics: Europe,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA002EYKQN9J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Czech President Milos Zeman was being taken to Prague's Central Military Hospital on Sunday (October 10), a hospital spokeswoman said.
She gave no details but said the hospital's director would give a media briefing at 2 p.m. (1200 GMT). The presidential office had previously said Zeman, 77, has been ill and spent eight days in hospital last month.
The Czech Republic held a parliamentary election this week in which centre-right opposition group Together beat Prime Minister Andrej Babis's ANO party.
The result was a blow to Zeman, an ally of Babis, although the president indicated he would still give the prime minister the first attempt to form a government if ANO won the most votes, which it did as an individual party.
(Production: Paul Warren, Vanessa Romeo)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None