- Title: Archive footage of top U.S. official Nuland as she visits Moscow
- Date: 11th October 2021
- Summary: KYIV, UKRAINE (FILE - MAY 16, 2015) (REUTERS) NULAND ADDRESSING MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) THEN U.S. ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE FOR EUROPEAN AND EURASIAN AFFAIRS, VICTORIA NULAND, SAYING: "As I said our main message here was that the United States is prepared now and actively engaged in deepening our engagement, deepening our support for seeing Minsk fully implemented in all of its aspects, in the security aspect, in the political aspect and with regard to humanitarian relief, with regard to the border." NULAND TALKING TO AMERICAN INSTRUCTOR FROM CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL KYIV, UKRAINE (FILE - APRIL 27, 2016) (REUTERS) NULAND WALKING TO PODIUM REPORTERS TAKING NOTES (SOUNDBITE) (English) THEN U.S. ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE FOR EUROPEAN AND EURASIAN AFFAIRS, VICTORIA NULAND, SAYING: "Overall, I go home encouraged by the commitment of all the political forces â€Žto continuing and accelerating reform, economic reform, anti-corruption reform, in particular judicial reform."
- Embargoed: 25th October 2021 12:48
- Keywords: Russia U.S. Under Secretary of State Ukraine Victoria Nuland visit to Moscow
- Location: KYIV, UKRAINE / MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: KYIV, UKRAINE / MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA004EYPSTAF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: SEE EDIT 7141 FOR MORE ARCHIVE VIDEO OF VICTORIA NULAND, INCLUDING HER PREVIOUS VISIT MOSCOW AND VIEWS OF KREMLIN
U.S. Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland arrived in Moscow on Monday (October 11) for talks.
The U.S. official, who is expected to stay in Moscow until October 13, visits at a time when political ties between the countries are badly strained. She will meet senior officials to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues, the State Department has said.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Nuland will have a meeting with Presiden's aid Dmitry Ushakov but not Vladimir Putin himself. She also will hold talks with Foreign Ministry deputy Sergey Ryabkov, Peskov said.
Russia allowed the U.S. Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland to visit despite having previously blacklisted her, after Washington agreed to lift a similar restriction placed on a Russian citizen, Maria Zakharova, Russia's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said on Sunday.
Zakharova also clarified to the Govorit Moskva radio station that one Russian citizen had been removed from the U.S. sanctions list. She did not disclose the person's name.
The United States has imposed an array of sanctions on Russia. Relations between Moscow and Washington sank to post-Cold War lows in 2014 after Russia's annexation of Crimea from Ukraine, and they remain strained over a range of other issues.
(Production: Margaryta Chornokondratenko, Alexander Reshetnikov)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None