- Title: Archive footage of top U.S. official Nuland as she visits Moscow
- Date: 11th October 2021
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (OCTOBER 11, 2021) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY BUILDING PEOPLE ENTERING BUILDING CAR DRIVING PAST BUILDING VARIOUS OF ENTRANCE SIGN READING (Russian): "MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION" EXTERIOR OF RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY BUILDING PEOPLE ENTERING BUILDING
- Embargoed: 25th October 2021 12:48
- Keywords: Russia U.S. Under Secretary of State Ukraine Victoria Nuland visit to Moscow
- Location: KYIV, UKRAINE / MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: KYIV, UKRAINE / MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EYPSTAF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: SEE EDIT 7141 FOR MORE ARCHIVE VIDEO OF VICTORIA NULAND, INCLUDING HER PREVIOUS VISIT MOSCOW AND VIEWS OF KREMLIN
U.S. Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland arrived in Moscow on Monday (October 11) for talks.
The U.S. official, who is expected to stay in Moscow until October 13, visits at a time when political ties between the countries are badly strained. She will meet senior officials to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues, the State Department has said.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Nuland will have a meeting with Presiden's aid Dmitry Ushakov but not Vladimir Putin himself. She also will hold talks with Foreign Ministry deputy Sergey Ryabkov, Peskov said.
Russia allowed the U.S. Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland to visit despite having previously blacklisted her, after Washington agreed to lift a similar restriction placed on a Russian citizen, Maria Zakharova, Russia's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said on Sunday.
Zakharova also clarified to the Govorit Moskva radio station that one Russian citizen had been removed from the U.S. sanctions list. She did not disclose the person's name.
The United States has imposed an array of sanctions on Russia. Relations between Moscow and Washington sank to post-Cold War lows in 2014 after Russia's annexation of Crimea from Ukraine, and they remain strained over a range of other issues.
(Production: Margaryta Chornokondratenko, Alexander Reshetnikov)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None