- Title: Delegates at Middle East peace talks in Paris pose for family photo
- Date: 15th January 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 15, 2017) (REUTERS) DELEGATES STANDING ON THE STEPS, AHEAD OF FAMILY PHOTO UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF STATE, JOHN KERRY, STANDING KERRY AND EUROPEAN UNION FOREIGN POLICY CHIEF, FEDERICA MOGHERINI, (RIGHT) STANDING ALONG WITH OTHER DELEGATES GERMAN FOREIGN MINISTER, FRANK-WALTER STEINMEIER, (LEFT) STANDING WITH SAUDI FOREIGN MINISTER, ADEL AL-JUBEIR (MIDDLE), AND BAHRAIN'S FOREIGN MINISTER KHALID BIN AHMED AL KHALIFA (RIGHT) AUSTRIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, SEBASTIAN KURZ, STANDING (MIDDLE/FRONT ROW) ALONG WITH OTHER DELEGATES FRENCH PRESIDENT, FRANCOIS HOLLANDE, JOINING ALONG WITH FOREIGN MINISTER, JEAN-MARC AYRAULT, AND THE TWO STANDING WITH KERRY AND MOGHERINI DELEGATES POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPH DELEGATES WALKING IN
- Embargoed: 29th January 2017 14:59
- Keywords: Middle East peace talks Hollande Kerry Mogherini Paris talks family photo
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0015Z6XQVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Ministers and officials representing some 70 countries at the Middle East peace summit in Paris posed for a family photo with French President Francois Hollande on Sunday (January 15).
Key European and Arab states as well as the permanent members of the U.N. Security Council are in the French capital for the meeting.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the talks as "futile". Neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians will be represented.
Paris has said the meeting will not impose anything on Israel or the Palestinians and that only direct negotiations can resolve the conflict.
A draft communique seen by Reuters reaffirms existing international resolutions, urges both sides to restate their commitment to the two-state solution and disavow officials who reject it. The communique asks the protagonists to "refrain from unilateral steps that prejudge the outcome of final status negotiations".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None