- Title: Jordan reinforces its security along Syria border
- Date: 19th January 2017
- Summary: AL WEHDA DAM, JORDAN (JANUARY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF DAM ON BOARDER WITH SYRIA THE SYRIAN VILLAGE OF AL QSAIR FILMED FROM JORDANIAN SIDE SECURITY FACILITY JORDANIAN SECURITY MEMBER STANDING VARIOUS OF JORDANIAN TANK VARIOUS OF A JORDANIAN SECURITY MAN SITTING AND LOOKING ZARQA, JORDAN (JANUARY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) HEAD OF THE JORDANIAN BORDER GUARDS BRIGADIER GENERAL SAMI KAFAWIN, SAYING: "We reinforce our borders especially in the northern part and the eastern part of the Syrian borders we reinforce by manpower, equipment the whole weapon system we need to make the balance between the security and the fight, the real fight if it is happen in the past we used to deal the threat as security issue now we are talking about both. We might do some security clearance at the borders for the at least 20k for our borders and we might do some engagement with a real engagement with some of our troops deployed over there at the borders." RAMTHA, JORDAN (JANUARY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF FIELD HOSPITAL TEMPORARY BUILDINGS VARIOUS OF BEDS AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) JORDANIAN DOCTOR MANSOUR MOHAMMAD MANSOUR, SAYING: "We are at the Jordanian surgery station and we receive the medical cases and injuries that we receive from the Syrian side. Most of these injuries are first evaluated and later admitted to receive first aid procedures." JABER VILLAGE, JORDAN (JANUARY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF THE SYRIAN CITY OF AL TAYBAH SEEN FROM FAR JORDANIAN TANK TWO JORDANIAN SECURITY MEMBERS SITTING AND LOOKING PARKED TANK VARIOUS OF TOWER VARIOUS OF JORDANIAN SECURITY MEMBERS STANDING
- Embargoed: 2nd February 2017 15:04
- Keywords: Jordan Syria security border control soliders
- Location: AL WEHDA DAM, ZARQA, RAMTHA, JABER VILLAGE, JORDAN
- City: AL WEHDA DAM, ZARQA, RAMTHA, JABER VILLAGE, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA0015ZQZP6V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Jordan has reinforced its security personnel along the border with Syria in order to ensure the safety of the Kingdom.
In a media tour organised by the Jordanian army on Thursday (January 19), tanks and security personnel were seen being deployed to keep a close eye on the border.
Head of the Jordanian border guards Brigadier General Sami Kafawin said they reinforced the military presence by deploying the necessary security personnel and equipment.
Jordan hosts 655,496 registered Syrian refugees, according to UNHCR official website.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None