- Title: Car bomb in Baghdad kills two
- Date: 24th January 2017
- Summary: BAGHDAD, IRAQ (JANUARY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE CORDON AT BLAST SITE / CARS PARKED / SECURITY POLICE, FIREFIGHTERS AND RESIDENTS AROUND CHARRED CARS VARIOUS OF FIREFIGHTERS AROUND CHARRED CARS REMAINS OF CHARRED CAR PEOPLE GATHERED AT BLAST SITE FIREFIGHTER SPRAYING CAR VARIOUS OF CHARRED AND DAMAGED CARS FIREFIGHTER SPRAYING BLAST SCENE WITH WATER RESIDENTS GATHERED AT DAMAGED CAR DEALERSHIP FIREFIGHTER SPRAYING WATER ON CAR SHOWROOM FIRE ENGINES PARKED AT BLAST SITE
- Embargoed: 7th February 2017 10:25
- Keywords: Baghdad car bomb blast Nadha district Iraq attack
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- City: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA00160FXCG7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A car bomb went off on Tuesday (January 24) inside a car dealership in Baghdad, killing two people and wounding eight others, according to police officials.
Several cars were charred after the blast set fire to the dealership in the city's Nahdha district.
The bombing came at a time Iraqi officials announced on Monday that the eastern side of the northern Iraqi city of Mosul has been taken from Islamic State, after nearly 100 days of fighting.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Islamic State has frequently targeted innocent people and commercial streets.
Meanwhile, Iraqi forces have started preparing an offensive to capture the western side of Mosul from Islamic State, according to senior officials.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None