- Title: Briton and Australian arrive in court for Bali police murder trial
- Date: 24th January 2017
- Summary: BALI, INDONESIA (JANUARY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF DENPASAR DISTRICT COURT BUILDING SIGN OF DENPASAR DISTRICT COURT PEOPLE OUTSIDE COURTROOM ARRIVAL OF POLICE BUS CARRYING AUSTRALIAN SARA CONNOR AND BRITON DAVID TAYLOR VARIOUS OF TAYLOR WALKING TO DETENTION CELL VARIOUS OF CONNOR WALKING TO DETENTION CELL CONNOR COVERING FACE
- Embargoed: 7th February 2017 08:32
- Keywords: Indonesia crime British Australian trial arrival court
- Location: BALI, INDONESIA
- City: BALI, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA00160FW5S5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Australian Sara Connor and her British boyfriend David Taylor arrived at an Indonesian court on Tuesday (January 24) ahead of a hearing on police murder.
The couple, trialed in separate hearings, were charged with the assault and murder of police officer Wayan Sudarsa in mid-August last year after the body was found on Kuta beach.
On Tuesday, Taylor is scheduled to testify in Connor's court hearing.
Taylor, who is a musician with the stage name DJ Nutzo, admitted he was involved in a "confrontation" with the officer over his girlfriend's missing purse, but denies killing him.
Both could be jailed for up to 15 years if found guilty.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None