- Title: Valentino showcases ethereal haute couture collection
- Date: 25th January 2017
- Summary: AUDIENCE APPLAUDING VALENTINO DESIGNER, PIERPAOLO PICCIOLI, WALKING PAST AUDIENCE TO APPLAUSE AUDIENCE
- Embargoed: 8th February 2017 19:55
- Keywords: Valentino haute couture Paris fashion Pierpaolo Picciolo Spring/Summer 2017
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA00360KYZIX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Valentino designer Pierpaolo Piccioli showed his debut solo haute couture collection in Paris on Wednesday (January 25), presenting an ethereal Spring/Summer 2017 line.
It is the first time Piccioli has designed the haute couture collection on his own, after his former creative partner Maria Grazia Chiuri became Dior's first female creative director. Chiuri debuted her Dior haute couture line in Paris on Monday (January 23).
The simple and delicate Valentino collection by Picciolo included a rose, ruffled chiffon dress with a deep neckline and a mint long sleeve gown which gave an Olympian feel.
Dreamy column dresses in straight, classical forms evoked a fairytale world with gentle, spring colours of ivory, pastel pink and clay-green.
Billowing floor-length gowns embellished with flowers and sequins transformed the models into goddesses as they strolled along the catwalk to music composed by French film composer Alexandre Desplat.
Valentino's show took place on the penultimate day of Paris Haute Couture Week, with the curtains drawing on the event on Thursday (January 26).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None