- Title: Valentino showcases ethereal haute couture collection
- Date: 25th January 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 25, 2017) (REUTERS) MODEL WEARING IVORY, RUFFLED COLUMN DRESS WITH SANDALS AND HAIR WORN LOOSE BEHIND EARS AUDIENCE WATCHING / MODEL WEARING IVORY STRAPLESS STRAIGHT DRESS EMBROIDERED WITH FLOWERS MODEL WEARING ROSE RUFFLED CHIFFON DRESS WITH DEEP NECKLINE AND HALTERNECK STRAPS MODEL WEARING BLUE SANDALS OVER MINT FLOOR-LENGTH DRESS WITH FULL SLEEVES AND TURTLENECK / MODEL WEARING SHEER FLOOR-LENGTH DRESS EMBELLISHED WITH FLOWERS AND SEQUINS AUDIENCE WATCHING MODEL WEARING SHIMMERING PASTEL PINK FLOOR-LENGTH DRESS WITH HIGH-NECKLINE AND SLEEVELESS ARMS MODEL WEARING FLOOR-LENGTH SILVER DRESS WITH PLUNGING NECKLINE AND EMBELLISHED WITH FLORAL PATTERN
- Embargoed: 8th February 2017 19:55
- Keywords: Valentino haute couture Paris fashion Pierpaolo Picciolo Spring/Summer 2017
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA00160KYZIX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Valentino designer Pierpaolo Piccioli showed his debut solo haute couture collection in Paris on Wednesday (January 25), presenting an ethereal Spring/Summer 2017 line.
It is the first time Piccioli has designed the haute couture collection on his own, after his former creative partner Maria Grazia Chiuri became Dior's first female creative director. Chiuri debuted her Dior haute couture line in Paris on Monday (January 23).
The simple and delicate Valentino collection by Picciolo included a rose, ruffled chiffon dress with a deep neckline and a mint long sleeve gown which gave an Olympian feel.
Dreamy column dresses in straight, classical forms evoked a fairytale world with gentle, spring colours of ivory, pastel pink and clay-green.
Billowing floor-length gowns embellished with flowers and sequins transformed the models into goddesses as they strolled along the catwalk to music composed by French film composer Alexandre Desplat.
Valentino's show took place on the penultimate day of Paris Haute Couture Week, with the curtains drawing on the event on Thursday (January 26).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.