- Title: 'La La Land' cast and crew discuss the film's appeal
- Date: 25th January 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (DECEMBER 5, 2016) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR RYAN GOSLING SAYING: "The whole preparation period for the three months of practicing for all of these things was like every day just a lot of failing. It wasn't until, because you're always reaching for the next that once you get comfortable doing one thing then you're trying to learn how to do something else. It wasn't until we were shooting that we had time to look back and see how far we had all come and it was a nice experience to see what you're capable of. I think if you took three months, three to six hours a day like we had to learn some of these things, I think you'd be surprised how much you could do, ya know?"
- Embargoed: 8th February 2017 21:27
- Keywords: La La Land Emma Stone Ryan Gosling John Legend Damien Chazelle interview
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA00A60KZ1VX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A day after "La La Land" became the movie to beat at the Academy Awards, bookmakers are naming it as favorite to win Best Picture.
The film has earned 14 with nods that included best picture, actor, actress, director, score and screenplay, the musical about a struggling actress (Emma Stone) and her jazz pianist boyfriend (Ryan Gosling) equaled the record set by the 1997 blockbuster "Titanic" and the 1950 film "All About Eve." Ladbrokes have odds of 5/1 to scoop the top film award.
"La La Land," which has $174.98 million at the worldwide box office to date, also became the first original musical to win a best picture Oscar nomination since "All That Jazz" in 1979.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None