- Title: Nicole Kidman â€œincredibly honouredâ€ over Oscar nomination
- Date: 24th January 2017
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ***WARNING CONTAINS NUDITY*** VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING SILK ORANGE ACCORDION DRESS AND MATCHING CLUTCHBAG, WITH SHEER TOP EMBROIDERED WITH CRYSTALS
- Embargoed: 7th February 2017 20:40
- Keywords: Nicole Kidman Oscars nomination awards actress Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Haute Couture Paris fashion Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA00360FZPSP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS NUDITY IN SHOTS 10 AND 11
Hollywood star Nicole Kidman said on Tuesday (January 24) she was "honoured" over her Oscar nomination for best supporting actress as she attended the Giorgio Armani Prive Spring/Summer 2017 haute couture show in Paris.
Wearing an elegant black floor-length gown, Kidman said she was delighted the film "Lion", in which she plays an Australian mother who adopts an Indian child, had been recognised.
"Incredibly honoured, and so happy for the film to have received such an acknowledgement, so many awards," the actress, who adopted two children with her ex-husband, actor Tom Cruise, told reporters.
The Oscar-winning actress said being nominated for the award was even more exciting than before.
"More, the strangest thing is the older I get the more exciting it gets," she said.
Also nominated in her category are actresses Viola Davis, Naomie Harris, Octavia Spencer, and Michelle Williams.
French actress Isabelle Huppert, who was nominated for an Oscar for best actress in the film "Elle", was also in attendance at the show.
The Armani collection at the Paris Haute Couture week presented elegant, flowing evening wear in the colours of a deep summer sunset, showcasing ambers, golds, shimmering blacks and bright oranges.
Silk gowns, jacquard jackets and flared pants were embellished with crystals, ribbons and arabesque lace.
Models with loosely tied, wispy hair and soft make-up wore oversized teardrop earrings and played with their accessories on the catwalk.
Paris Haute Couture Week, which showcases the creations of a selection of luxury labels, including Chanel, Dior and Valentino, runs until Thursday (January 26).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.