- Title: Pro-marijuana activists light joints, march towards Trump's inauguration
- Date: 20th January 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF PROTEST MARCH UNDERWAY AS PROTESTERS HEAD TOWARDS THE SITE OF THE INAUGURATION
- Embargoed: 3rd February 2017 20:46
- Keywords: Donald Trump President inauguration protest cannabis marijuana protest demonstration police joints
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0025ZW1AO7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pro-marijuana activists, fearing that Donald Trump's pick for attorney general might reverse recent legalization gains, lighted joints and gave them away in the streets of Washington on Friday (January 20) during a march towards his presidential inauguration.
Several hundred protesters held a rally near the Dupont Circle neighborhood of the nation's capital which included a mock jail cell.
The protesters then marched south towards the site of the inauguration, chanting and reaching a cordoned off area where police were stationed.
The cannabis march was peaceful compared to earlier anti-Trump protests that turned violent and led to dozens of arrests.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.