- Title: A look back at 'La La Land's journey to awards glory
- Date: 25th January 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (JANUARY 15, 2017) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) (SOUNDBITE) (English) COMPOSER JUSTIN HURWITZ SAYING: "I just sort of loom at awards as a way of them saying, 'Hey, we like what you did,' and that means a lot because we worked really hard on this and we put a lot of ourselves into it so it's great that the HFPA appreciates what we did." CAST AND CREW OF 'LA LA LAND' ARRIVING ON STAGE (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIRECTOR DAMIEN CHAZELLE SAYING: "How many 'No's? Many but enough to fill six years, that's how long it took to actually get the movie going. I always actually remind myself that all this is just so surreal that the dream come true, the biggest dream I've ever had, was literally our first day of shooting, standing there with the cameras rolling and surrounded by people like Emma, Ryan and John (Legend) and my crew. It was the biggest gift so all of this is just even more surreal." (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR RYAN GOSLING SAYING: "I think Emma spoke to that so beautifully in her speech. The thing that moved me so much about the film is this idea of the importance of pursuing your dream despite the obstacles. It's a beautiful message for Damien to put out in the world and it seems like a very appropriate time for that." CAST AND CREW LEAVING STAGE STILL OF RYAN GOSLING AND EMMA STONE WITH GOLDEN GLOBE STILL OF RYAN GOSLING AND EMMA STONE WITH GOLDEN GLOBE STILL OF JUSTIN HURWITZ HOLDING GOLDEN GLOBES STILL OF RYAN GOSLING, EMMA STONE AND DIRECTOR DAMIEN CHAZELLE HOLDING GOLDEN GLOBES STILL OF RYAN GOSLING HOLDING GOLDEN GLOBE STILL OF EMMA STONE HOLDING GOLDEN GLOBE
- Embargoed: 8th February 2017 00:23
- Keywords: La La Land Emma Stone Ryan Gosling Damien Chazelle Justi Hurwitz premiere Venice Film Festival Toronto Film Festival Los Angeles Hollywood BAFTA Oscars Golden Globes nominations
- Location: VENICE, ITALY / TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA / LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: VENICE, ITALY / TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA / LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA00460FZSY5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The last six months have been a promotional whirlwind for "La La Land."
Ever since the film about a musician and an aspiring actress who meet and fall in love in Los Angeles premiered at the Venice Film Festival in August of 2016 it's been a Hollywood fairytale come true for the cast, crew and the film's director, Damien Chazelle.
After its debut in Europe, "La La Land" went on to wow audiences at, among others, the Toronto Film Festival, received two premieres in Los Angeles itself, saw Stone and Gosling place their hands and feet in cement outside the iconic Chinese Theatre in Hollywood and go on to garner an avalanche of accolades from Critics Choice Awards and Golden Globes to BAFTA nods.
Tuesday (January 24) "La La Land" added a record-tying fourteen Oscar nominations including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Actress.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None