- Title: Security tight for Trump, May at Republican winter retreat
- Date: 26th January 2017
- Summary: PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES (JANUARY 26, 2017) (REUTERS) TILT DOWN OF LOEWS HOTEL, WHERE THE 2017 "CONGRESS OF TOMORROW" JOINT REPUBLICAN ISSUES CONFERENCE IS BEING HELD CLOSE UP OF LOEWS SIGN PAN OF STREET POLICE STANDING IN FRONT OF HOTEL VARIOUS OF POLICE CARS POLICE VARIOUS OF SECRET SERVICE VEHICLES VARIOUS OF POLICE VARIOUS OF SECRET SERVICE VEHICLES WIDE OF STREET VARIOUS OF POLICE VEHICLES PAN FROM U.S. FLAG TO POLICE VEHICLES IN FRONT OF LOEWS VARIOUS OF PEDESTRIANS
- Embargoed: 9th February 2017 14:11
- Keywords: Trump security Republican retreat Philadelphia security
- Location: PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES
- City: PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00160PXVT3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Security was tight in front of the venue where U.S. President Donald Trump will address a retreat in Philadelphia held by House and Senate Republicans on Thursday (January 26).
There was a very visible police presence in front of Loews Philadelphia Hotel, where British Prime Minister Theresa May will also speak on Thursday. May will meet Trump in Washington on Friday (January 27), seeking to reinvigorate what London views as the two countries' "special relationship."
May is the first foreign leader to meet with the 45th President of the United States, since his inauguration just a week ago.
The prime minister hopes to deepen trade ties between the two countries, which could strengthen her hand in divorce talks with the European Union.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None