- Title: EU says analysing Trump's travel ban
- Date: 30th January 2017
- Summary: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF EUROPEAN COMMISSION BUILDING
- Embargoed: 13th February 2017 12:17
- Keywords: EU Trump USA immigration ban
- Location: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- City: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Topics: European Union,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001619W8JR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The European Union is analysing U.S. President Donald Trump's ban on the entry of people from seven Muslim-majority countries to see if it would affect Europeans, a spokesman for the bloc's executive said on Monday (January 30).
"The European Commission together with our partners will take all the necessary measures, time, to analyse that these executive orders and the way that they are implemented to see how they can have an impact to any EU national, something which is not yet clear," European Commission spokesman Margaritis Schinas told a news conference in Brussels.
Asked about Trump's move, he said that the EU itself did not discriminate among people arriving on the grounds of race, nationality or religion.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None