- Title: SAUDI ARABIA: Military holds annual Haj parade.
- Date: 20th October 2012
- Summary: MECCA, SAUDI ARABIA (OCTOBER 20, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SAUDI INTERIOR MINISTER PRINCE AHMED BIN ABDULAZIZ STANDING FOR THE HONOUR GUARD AT THE MILITARY PARADE FOR THE HAJ SECURITY FORCES LEADER OF MILITARY FORCES PARADE STARTING THE PARADE HELICOPTERS FLYING OVER THE PARADE AREA VARIOUS OF SAUDI HAJ MILITARY FORCES AT THE PARADE IN FRONT OF THE INTERIOR MINISTER HELICOPTERS AND SECURITY FORCES DURING THE MILITARY SHOW MORE OF FORCES PERFORMING IN FRONT OF THE INTERIOR MINISTER VARIOUS OF HELICOPTER DROOPING SPECIAL FORCES WHILE SECURITY FORCES SHOWING IN FRONT IF THE INTERIOR MINISTER MORE OF MILITARY SHOW. VARIOUS OF HELICOPTER DROPPING FORCES OVER A BUS HELICOPTER FLYING WITH BIG SAUDI FLAG WIDE OF THE ANNUAL NEWS CONFERENCE FOR THE SAUDI INTERIOR MINISTER PRINCE AHMED BIN ABDULAZIZ REPORTERS SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) SAUDI INTERIOR MINISTER, PRINCE AHMED BIN ABDULAZIZ, SAYING: "The pilgrimage will not be affected by what's happening elsewhere. Pilgrims come to worship God and perform their duties for Him. I don't think there will be any repercussions on the security of the pilgrimage as a result of what is unfortunately happening in Syria and elsewhere." ATTENDANCE LISTENING TO PRINCE AHMED. SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) SAUDI INTERIOR MINISTER, PRINCE AHMED BIN ABDULAZIZ, ASKED IF SAUDIS ARE WORRIED THAT IRAN MAY PROTEST DURING HAJ SAYING: "The Iranian side stressed to us that they are keen on the comfort of pilgrims as we do or more, I think things will be fine when it comes to Iranian pilgrims." VARIOUS OF PHOTOGRAPHERS SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) SAUDI INTERIOR MINISTER, PRINCE AHMED BIN ABDULAZIZ ASKED ABOUT SYRIAN PILGRIMS, WERE THEY STOPPED FROM ATTENDING HAJ, SAYING: "What is certain is that the kingdom did not prevent any Syrian delegation or pilgrims or any Muslim pilgrim, especially the official delegation." MILITARY OFFICERS AT THE NEWS CONFERENCE REPORTERS AND ATTENDANCE LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 4th November 2012 12:00
- Location: Saudi Arabia
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Topics: Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA3KLBG14NY7V0JZI5ZETE70OQ9
- Story Text: The new Saudi Minister of the Interior, Prince Ahmed Bin Adbulaziz, on Saturday (October 20) attended the annual parade of the Kingdom's security forces which will provide safety for the pilgrims who will be flocking to Mecca for the Haj.
All of Saudi Arabia's security units were showcased from the military to civil defence and units dealing with disasters and emergencies.
Maintaining security for the tens of thousands of devout Muslims coming to Mecca is a massive operation.
At the news conference the Interior Minister said the Kingdom would make the pilgrimage safe for all attending and denied that Syrian pilgrims had been stopped from attending the Haj.
"What is certain is that the kingdom didn't prevent any Syrian delegation or pilgrims or any Muslim pilgrim, especially the official delegation," said Prince Ahmed Bin Adbulaziz.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None