- Title: FRANCE: SINGER GEORGE MICHAEL UNVEILS HIS NEW WEB SITE
- Date: 10th February 1997
- Summary: (RTV) VIEWS OF PROMENADE EXTERIOR CARLTON HOTEL JOHN BYER, VICE PRESIDENT OF SOFTWARE COMPANY PROGRESSIVE NETWORKS INTRODUCING WEB SITE PEOPLE WATCHING WEB SITE
- Embargoed: 25th February 1997 12:00
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVACTBYT5IPVQFQ7P9S7M7C7FWVN
- Story Text: George Michael joined the Internet on Monday (February 10) when his record company Aegean Records launched its own web site.
Michael flew to Cannes from London to be present at the launch.
The web site provides fans with their own place on the net and according to Aegean, will also allow an unparalled level of fan/artist intereaction.
The site also is a major step foward technologically for music on the Internet.
For the first time, all visitors will be able to access real video footage with digital quality audio relayed in real time -- with no downloading.
Musicians from around the world also will be able to send Aegean their music.
In a short speech during the presentation, Michael said,
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None