- Title: BRAZIL: Ashton Kutcher and Gisele Bundchen hit the catwalk in Brazil
- Date: 31st January 2011
- Summary: PEOPLE LEAVING FASHION SHOW (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) FASHION CONSULTANT, CHRISTIANE GUERRA, SAYING: "I thought Gisele (Bundchen) is always stupendous and it's always a pleasure to see her on the catwalk, as well as Alessandra Ambrosio. But I thought there was too much fuss over Ashton Kutcher, who only came here to appear once." (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) ARCHITECT, ANDRE MORAES, SAYING: "This was great (Kutcher's participation). This shows the growing influence of Brazilian fashion worldwide and we see interest in Brazil rising overseas. It's a very interesting thing." VIEW OF FASHION WEEK LOGO
- Embargoed: 15th February 2011 12:00
- Location: Brazil, Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAD00YOJV399Z5G43LNBMUIB56Z
- Story Text: U.S. film star Ashton Kutcher and his wife, actress Demi Moore, stole the limelight on Sunday (January 31) at Brazil 's Sao Paulo Fashion Week, where the actor took a turn on the catwalk for label Colcci.
He shared the runway with Brazilian top model Gisele Bundchen, who made her final appearance on the country's top fashion event.
The 30-year-old model, who is married to U.S. football player Tom Brady, said goodbye to runways and was replaced by Brazilian beauty Alessandra Ambrosio, who became the new face of Colcci.
As they walked onto the red carpet, Kutcher and Moore were booed by the dozens of angry photographers and cameramen who waited over 3 hours for their arrival.
But the jeering didn't stop them from stopping and smiling and waving at the cameras. The famous couple was surrounded by a hoard of excited fans when they arrived at the fashion week venue in business capital Sao Paulo .
Bundchen opened the parade and was cheered by the audience, which seemed more eager to see Kutcher. She wore a sexy black corselet. But the actor only made a quick appearance at the end of the show, walking down the runway alongside Colcci designer Jeziel Moraes.
Fashion consultant Christiane Guerra said she expected a bigger participation from Kutcher.
"I thought Gisele (Bundchen) is always stupendous and it's always a pleasure to see her on the catwalk, as well as Alessandra Ambrosio. But I thought there was too much fuss over Ashton Kutcher, who only came here to appear once," she said.
Architect Andre Moraes said the actor helps promote Brazilian fashion worldwide.
"This was great (Kutcher's participation). This shows the growing influence of Brazilian fashion worldwide and we see interest in Brazil rising overseas. It's a very interesting thing," he said.
Thirty-one Brazilian designers will present their upcoming collections throughout the week at the country's biggest fashion event.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None