- Title: FRANCE: Demure A-line shaped dresses and smart wool coats reign at Valentino show
- Date: 9th March 2011
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 8, 2011) (REUTERS) ***CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** TUILERIES GARDEN IN PARIS WHERE THE VALENTINO SHOW TOOK PLACE PEOPLE QUEUING UP OUTSIDE THE TENT WHERE THE SHOW TOOK PLACE IN THE TUILERIES GARDEN PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKING PICTURES OF SHOW INVITEES MAN WEARING A T-SHIRT THAT SAYS "THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA" OUTSIDE THE FASHION SHOW PEOPLE QUEUING SHOW INVITEES WALKING TO THEIR SEATS INSIDE THE VALENTINO SHOW SINGER FLORENCE WELCH OF THE BAND FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS AT THE SHOW
- Embargoed: 24th March 2011 12:00
- Location: France, France
- Country: France
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVABDV8RRIQG95NA5O9K1ZVY0N7H
- Story Text: Italian label Valentino unveiled its women's ready-to-wear collection for Autumn/Winter 2011/12 on Tuesday (March 8) inside a pop-up tent at the Tuileries Garden in Paris.
Valentino may be associated with opulent and glamorous red carpet dresses, but this season, creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli showed feminine swingy A-line shaped long-sleeved dresses and smart checkered wool coats in shades of beige, dusty rose, burgundy and navy blue.
The models looked sweet and innocent, wearing thin black headbands in their hair, which was pulled back into simple low ponytails.
Hemlines were low, grazing the tops of the models' knees, keeping the look of the collection elegant and classy. Several of the dresses were adorned with velvet bows.
When it came to accessories, the models presented knee-high leather boots and strappy pointy mid-heel pumps. The girls also toted large snakeskin-patterned clutches embellished with studs.
For evening, there were gauzy floor-length gowns with lace floral appliquÃ©s that were accessorized with skinny leather belts. The silhouette was long and lean with an accentuated high waist.
Valentino has been in the industry since 1960. Its founder, Valentino Garavani, made an international name for himself with his va-va-voom, body-conscious dresses. He retired as creative director in 2007.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None