- Title: ITALY: Milan's young designers give a twist to tailoring in basic black
- Date: 24th February 2008
- Summary: (EU) MILAN, ITALY (FEBRUARY 23, 2008) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MODEL ON CATWALK AT AVE-ANTE VESPERUM EDICTA FASHION SHOW, WEARING LONG BLACK COAT AND DRESS MODELS WALKING ON CATWALK DRESSED IN BLACK VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING BLACK TROUSERS AND TRANSPARENT BLACK TOP VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING BLACK DRESS MODEL WEARING SHORT DRESS WITH HOOD MODEL DRESSED IN GREY TOP WITH GREY SCARF MODEL IN FITTED BLACK DRESS WITH BLUE SCARF
- Embargoed: 10th March 2008 12:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA6M9CCBS9VREZY6JCUSJYIQ8X7
- Story Text: Two up and coming design labels round off womenswear at Milan Fashion Week going back to black.
Young designers finished off womenswear at Milan's Fashion Week on Saturday (February 23).
The designers who are supported by the city's Fashion Chamber of Commerce ended the women's winter 2008-2009 shows with a combination of the sleek and fitted with back to basic black and baggy cool.
New designer Ave-Ante Vesperum Edicta took extra-thick plaits and twisted them round necks as scarves or turned them into sleeves on dresses.
Black shaggy jerkins and coats kept up the heavy mood.
The designers also showed off transparent skinny black jumpers and a pair of sheer black harem pants with a shiny black futuristic hooded top.
The other new up and coming designer to show on Saturday was Giulia Burrascano, whose models wore thin-rimmed glasses with the soft and seductive collection, completing the look with futuristic pointed high heels.
Highlights included a pink soft wrap top worn with velvet panelled trousers and a mulberry wool knit shift hung down to just above the knee.
The designer cut a jacket square around the shoulders, and framed it with a mulberry patterned panel.
To add a little glitter, she showed a silver straight dress with a collar a mass of black and grey flora that scattered more thinly down one side.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.