- Title: USA: Stars stroll the red carpet in style
- Date: 18th January 2010
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (JANUARY 17) (REUTERS) ***FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ACTOR MORGAN FREEMAN POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS ANNA KENDRICK POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS HELEN MIRREN POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTOR ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. AND HIS WIFE PRODUCER SUSAN DOWNEY ACTOR ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS SIGOURNEY WEAVER AND DUCHESS OF YORK SARAH FERGUSON POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTOR SAMUEL L. JACKSON POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS AMY ADAMS POSING FOR PHOTOS DIRECTOR JAMES CAMERON POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS JENNIFER GARNER POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTOR GERARD BUTLER POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS KATE HUDSON POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS MO'NIQUE POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTOR GEORGE CLOONEY POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS DREW BARRYMORE POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS CHLOE SEVIGNY POSING FOR PHOTOS
- Embargoed: 2nd February 2010 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVABN9XX0I0CCG8JO631WMQGBNIW
- Story Text: Hollywood's top actresses strode down the Golden Globe Awards red carpet in vibrant gowns on Sunday as stars sought to boost spirits after the deadly tragedy in Haiti and brighten a gloomy rainy day.
Many stars pinned ribbons of yellow, blue and red to dresses and tuxedos in a show of support for victims of the massive earthquake that rocked the Caribbean nation last week.
Kate Hudson wore a blazing white Marchesa strapless silk crepe gown.
Drew Barrymore took one of the night's biggest risks, in a nude gown by Atelier Versace, with embellished sparkles.
Cameron Diaz dazzled in her bold red silk gown.
Style insiders said the awards show displayed deep and rich colors as stars and designers offered film and television fans Hollywood-style escapism from the realities of the Haiti quake, economic gloom and heightened security fears.
Rain fell on the first major fashion parade of the Hollywood awards season and soaked the red carpet, a showcase for the entertainment industry's top talent and a perfect launch pad for designers. But under umbrellas, the A-list celebrities still managed to dazzle.
As always, black gowns were out in full-force, on the likes of leading actresses Helen Mirren and Julianne Moore.
Most of the men stuck to black as well, with George Clooney, Gerard Butler and Tom Ford all resplendent in their stylish tuxes.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None