- Title: USA: Stars stroll the red carpet in style
- Date: 18th January 2010
- Summary: ***FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** DIRECTOR JASON REITMAN POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS JULIANNE MOORE POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS JULIANNE MOORE WALKING AND POSING FOR PHOTOS WITH DESIGNER TOM FORD ACTRESS TONI COLLETTE POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS CALISTA FLOCKHART POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS CALISTA FLOCKHART AND ACTOR HARRISON FORD POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTOR TOM HANKS AND ACTRESS RITA WILSON ACTRESS CAMERON DIAZ POSING FOR PHOTOS ACTRESS MAGGIE GYLLENHALL POSING FOR PHOTOS
- Embargoed: 2nd February 2010 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA5GRY28QH3HX5M3XUB94O7V97O
- Story Text: Hollywood's top actresses strode down the Golden Globe Awards red carpet in vibrant gowns on Sunday as stars sought to boost spirits after the deadly tragedy in Haiti and brighten a gloomy rainy day.
Many stars pinned ribbons of yellow, blue and red to dresses and tuxedos in a show of support for victims of the massive earthquake that rocked the Caribbean nation last week.
Kate Hudson wore a blazing white Marchesa strapless silk crepe gown.
Drew Barrymore took one of the night's biggest risks, in a nude gown by Atelier Versace, with embellished sparkles.
Cameron Diaz dazzled in her bold red silk gown.
Style insiders said the awards show displayed deep and rich colors as stars and designers offered film and television fans Hollywood-style escapism from the realities of the Haiti quake, economic gloom and heightened security fears.
Rain fell on the first major fashion parade of the Hollywood awards season and soaked the red carpet, a showcase for the entertainment industry's top talent and a perfect launch pad for designers. But under umbrellas, the A-list celebrities still managed to dazzle.
As always, black gowns were out in full-force, on the likes of leading actresses Helen Mirren and Julianne Moore.
Most of the men stuck to black as well, with George Clooney, Gerard Butler and Tom Ford all resplendent in their stylish tuxes.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None