- Title: ITALY: Milan's womenswear shows packs up with Alviero Martini's collection.
- Date: 24th February 2007
- Summary: (EU) MILAN, ITALY (FEBRUARY 24, 2007)(REUTERS-ACCESS ALL) VARIOUS OF MODELS WALKING DOWN CATWALK DISPLAYING ITEMS FROM ALVIERO MARTINI COLLECTION/ MODEL IN GREY DRESS WITH POLO NECK MODEL IN GREY TWEED COAT, BLACK BOATS AND LARGE BAG AUDIENCE MEMBERS WATCHING FASHION SHOW MORE OF MODELS DISPLAYING ITEMS FROM COLLECTION/ MODEL IN GREY AND BEIGE BLOUSE AND SKIRT MODEL IN BROWN HOODED TOP AND TWEED TROUSERS MEMBER OF AUDIENCE TAKING PHOTOGRAPH OF FASHION SHOW MORE OF FASHION SHOW/ MODEL IN BLACK CHEQUERED TROUSERS AND WHITE CROSSOVER TOP WITH HOOD MODEL IN WHITE KNITTED TOP WITH FUR TRIMMED HOOD MORE OF AUDIENCE MORE OF MODELS WALKING DOWN CATWALK/ MODEL IN WHITE PATTERNED DRESS WITH COWL HOOD MULTI-MEDIA DISPLAY AND MODEL STANDING AT FAR END OF CATWALK WITH DARK DRESS VARIOUS OF MODELS DISPLAYING EVENING GOWNS/LONG SATIN DRESS/ BACKLESS DRESS/ VARIOUS OF MODELS WALKING DOWN CATWALK IN A LINE AND AUDIENCE APPLAUDING THEM
- Embargoed: 11th March 2007 12:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVADGLFB55QA9QGSN8W3WPC9LV3T
- Story Text: Milan's womenswear shows ended with an exhibit of Alviero Martini latest collection, featuring the designer's trademark map design as a central motif. Alviero Martini displayed his latest collection on the last day of Milan's womenswear fashion week on Saturday (February 24), using his trademark map design as his central theme.
The map, known from the designer's leather travel luggage, was transformed in the collection for winter 2007-2008 to appear stamped on black silk or floating in softest mohair jumpers and dresses.
The designer used the map to grace a cream mohair dress nipped in above the knee, with a huge rib neck pulled over the head into a cowl, or put it on soft caramel suede boots worn with thick ribbed cream tights.
A giant houndstooth check in rich mulberry, coffee and cream was used for trousers and a short skirt that tapered upwards into a wool ribbed strapless bodice.
Boots were in berry, deep green or caramel suede, soft enough to turn over and fall back to the ankle showing sheepskin linings.
Martini ended the show with nightlife in Milan as the inspiration for black evening wear.
A prim buttoned-up shirt collar blouse seen earlier in coffee silk metamorphosed into a black satin version which slipped into black wool rib for a bodice and ended in tight black jodhpurs.
And the designer polished the trademark map into black silk in a full-length button-through from top to toe soft shirt dress that was a world away from some of the structured, sculpted designs seen in displays earlier in the week.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.