- Title: FRANCE: Lacroix marks 20th anniversary with a collection of ethnic chic
- Date: 4th July 2007
- Summary: (L!1) PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 2 2007) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MODELS HAVING THEIR MAKE-UP APPLIED VARIOUS OF HAIRDRESSERS ARRANGING WIG
- Embargoed: 19th July 2007 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVAADP74B9AYJO6QZHW1JKDXRFEZ
- Story Text: Lacroix's haute couture collection reunites themes that have inspired the designer over that last 20 years.
Lacroix's haute couture collection (July 3) looks forward to the future whilst maintaining the designer's favourite features.
Lacroix's models swept off brocaded and embroidered frock coats to reveal delicately tailored dresses. Such a contrast between form and fabric had a dramatic effect. Lacroix used bold colouring on some of the outfits, but the striking blues and greens did not replace Lacroix favourite colour, black.
''After 20 years I know what I like, I like black, voluminous silhouettes and lace. So we find that over again (in his collections).'' said the designer, Christian Lacroix.
Black did indeed feature strongly in this collection, as did Taffeta, which created a voluminous effect and ruffled chiffon.
Lacroix has maintained his style over the past 20 years. His label reached its peak in the eighties, when flamboyant designs were in favour, but Lacroix had a diminishing clientele base when minimalism came into fashion in the nineties.
''In order to find the label's style, we must let it evolve every year, but the audience and clients should get enjoyment from it and so should I,'' said Lacroix.
As Lacroix took a bow alongside model Lily Cole, appreciative audience members showered him with his signature white carnations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None