- Title: RUSSIA: MOSCOW BASKS IN UNSEASONAL WARMTH.
- Date: 5th May 2001
- Summary: (U4) MOSCOW, RUSSIA (MAY 5, 2001) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV: POKLONNAYA GORA PARK 0.06 2. GV: FOUNTAINS 0.12 3. GV: GIRLS WALKING IN FOUNTAIN 0.18 4. GV/PAN: LITTLE GIRL WALKS BY THREE TEENAGERS DRINKING BEER 0.28 5. GV/MV: BEACH AT SEREBRYANY BOR, VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SUNBATHING (4 SHOTS) 0.53 6. GV: BOY DIVES IN WATER 1.00 7. GV: OLD MAN SMOKING, SUNBATHING 1.06 8. GV: WOMEN SUNBATHING 1.11 9. GV: BRITISH EMBASSY BUILDING IN MOSCOW 1.17 10. GV: MAN STRETCHING 1.22 11. CU: (SOUNDBITE) (English) SIR RODERICK LYNE, BRITISH AMBASSADOR SAYING: "I am a very unnatural runner. I enjoy doing it extremely slowly. I thought I was in retirement, I am about to become a grandfather. I've been forced into doing this, but it will be a laugh, it won't be very serious but it's got a serious purpose." 1.35 12. CU: TOY-TIGER LAYING ON GRASS 1.41 13. MV/GV: BRITISH RUNNERS PREPARING FOR MARATHON/ RUNNERS AT THE START (3 SHOTS) 1.58 14. GV/MV/PAN: PARTICIPANTS RUNNING BY THE KREMLIN ALONG MOSKVA RIVER/ PEOPLE CHEERING RUNNERS AND WAVING SMALL BRITISH FLAGS/ MAN GIVING WATER TO RUNNERS/ MAN AND A WOMAN COMING TO FINISH LINE HAND IN HAND (4 SHOTS) 2.29 15. MCU: YOUNG MAN SUNBATHING 2.36 16. GV: WOMEN STANDING IN BIKINIS 2.42 17. GV: BOAT GOING ALONG MOSKVA-RIVER 2.52 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 20th May 2001 13:00
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Reuters ID: LVA4AIO9X1JCPYIEHM5Z6GC12A8U
- Story Text: Moscovites have been enjoying extremely warm weather
On Saturday, hundreds of people took part Moscow's annual
half-marathon race, others preferred less extreme ways of
relaxing - by going to the beach.
Moscow has been having unseasonally warm weather and
bright sunshine in recent days, with temperatures hovering
around a daily average of 22 degrees Celsius.
Taking advantage of the good weather, many Muscovites have
already left the city for their country homes or "dachas" over
this year's early May holiday period.
On Saturday (May 5), people who have stayed behind in the
Russian capital flocked to parks and river embankments in the
The good weather has also ecouraged more people to take
part in the Moscow half-marathon race on Saturday.
The runners in the annual event were joined this year by a
team of diplomats from the British embassy in Moscow.
The 29 diplomatic staff, led by the British envoy to
Russia, Sir Roderick Lyne, have decided to run the race in
support of the Siberian Tiger.
The Siberian Tiger - one of the planet's rarest big cats -
is listed as one of the world's most endangered species.
But for some, running in this sort of weather is far too
energetic and they prefer to lie in the sun or take a lazy
trip on a steamer down the Moskva.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None