- Title: USA: Jack Black and Angelina Jolie at "Kung Fu Panda 2" premiere
- Date: 24th May 2011
- Summary: JAMES HONG AND ANGELINA JOLIE ON RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 8th June 2011 13:00
- Location: Usa, Usa
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA40G2XPKLBTZ4GMDY995TTBL4K
- Story Text: Angelina Jolie and Jack Black hit the red carpet early Sunday (May 22) morning to promote the premiere of the new animated adventure, "Kung Fu Panda 2." The A-list celebrities discussed their return to the film and it's reception in Cannes as they hung out with a life-size version of the popular kung-fu master, Po, and enjoyed a lively opening ceremony that included a chinese dragon.
Jolie, who reprises her role as Tigress, a south China Tiger, says she is happy to return to the set of the film. The actress says "Kung Fu Panda 2" is one of the films she is most proud to take part in because of the message the film offers to audiences. Of course, re-uniting with the original cast of "Kung Fu Panda" was a plus.
"Nobody ever knows exactly what Jack Black is going to do but, yeah, it was easier because we were all more of a family and we knew the animators, we knew what it looked like, we knew what the sense of it would be," said Jolie. "And, we just all had so much more fun, we freer and got a little crazier."
For many of the cast, including Black, Lucy Liu and Seth Rogen, coming back for round two of the panda's adventures was a very comfortable experience. Hans Zimmer, who composed the soundtrack for the first "Kung Fu Panda" said he was more than happy to return for the new collaboration.
"It was like returning home. It's like my father is a goose and I have all these friends that are tigers. No, the Kung Fu Panda movies are really special to me because I just love the character and I love the way they are done," said Zimmer. It's such a huge artistic endeavor, if you look at those stories, there's nothing like it."
Joining BLack and Jolie on the carpet were co-stars Lucy Liu, Seth Rogen, Danny McBride and Dustin Hoffman, who shared some information about his upcoming directorial debut.
"Kung Fu Panda 2," which follows Po on the quest to discover his past in order to save the future of kung fu, hits U.S. theaters on May 26.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.