- Title: USA: 'UNDER SEIGE II' PREMIERES IN HOLLYWOOD
- Date: 22nd September 1994
- Summary: (RTV) ERIC BOGOSIAN SAYING HE LOVES TOMMY LEE JONES (WHO PLAYED THE VILLAIN IN FIRST UNDER SEIGE) SO THAT IS WHY HE DECIDED TO DO FILM (ENGLISH) KATHERINE HEIGL TALKS ABOUT HER ROLE/ WORKING WITH SEGAL (ENGLISH)
- Embargoed: 7th October 1994 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA5BU0F8QFWGTZAF4G7ALAW26A7
- Story Text: Steven Seagal and his co-stars from the new thriller "Under Siege II: Dark Territory" have turned out for the film's premiere in Hollywood.
In this sequel, the action takes place on a train travelling across the United States.
Seagal's former CIA undercover operative, Casey Ryback, once again just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The train is hijacked by a group of terrorists, led by Travis Dane (Eric Bogosian).
Dane is a disaffected weapons specialist who wants a billion dollar payout to stop him from firing missiles from a satellite he created before being fired by the military.
Morris Chestnut plays a porter on the train who becomes Seagal's unlikely sidekick while Katherine Heigl plays Seagal's niece, who was travelling with him to a funeral in Los Angeles.
The film, directed by Geoff Murphy, features a series of spectacular stunts and special effects.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None