- Title: USA: Screaming fans greet stars of "Twilight" for its world premiere
- Date: 19th November 2008
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 17, 2008) (REUTERS) PAN OF THEATER TO CARPET WHERE FANS ARE WAITING FANS AT PREMIERE SCREAMING (*** FLASH PHOTOGRRAPHY ***) CLOSE UP OF TWILIGHT CALENDAR WITH AUTOGRAPHS PAN FROM MAGAZINE OF TWILIGHT STARS TO KRISTIN STEWART SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS CAM GIGANDET TALKING TO FANS AND SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS KIM BASINGER AND DAUGHTER ON RED CARPET STEPHENIE MEYER, AUTHOR OF TWILIGHT, SIGNING A COPY OF THE BOOK WIDE OF FANS WAITING NEXT TO CARPET ROBERT PATTINSON POSING FOR PICTURES IN FRONT OF FANS
- Embargoed: 4th December 2008 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Defence / Military
- Reuters ID: LVAR4W56BMF5L7OVSXSRIZMJF8C
- Story Text: Hundreds of screaming fans crammed up against barricades in Los Angeles to get a glimpse of the stars of "Twilight". The film marks the first based on a series of books that revolve around the relationship between an average teenage girl, Bella, and a vampire, Edward, in a rainy Northwest town. The books have thousands of fans and have been sitting on top of bestseller lists. Some fans even camped overnight to get the best spots at the premiere.
The two stars of the film, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were greeted with screams as they walked down the red carpet. Pattinson says he had no idea this film would get this big. "You know, I went into it as a normal job, I mean, it was just an audition," he said. "And then, it became this thing, incrementally over the last few months, and everyday that goes by, it seems to get a hundred times bigger. So, you know, nothing surprises me to do with Twilight anymore."
Many of the young stars were fans of the books before they got involved in the film. Cam Gigandet, who plays the villain, says he jumped at the chance to take part in the movie. "I just kind of read it one day while I was at work on another movie and you know it came to be," said Gigandet. "And I was like, Oh, sign me up, no matter what. Get me in that movie."
It's not just teen girls who love the books and the film. There were many teen boys just as excited about getting an autograph. Also some of the fans screaming for pictures with the actors have children of their own.
Twilight opens in theaters in the U.S. on November 21.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None