- Title: USA: Screaming fans greet stars of "Twilight" for its world premiere
- Date: 19th November 2008
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) ROBERT PATTINSON, ACTOR SAYING: "You know, I went into it as a normal job, I mean, it was just an audition. And then, it became this thing, incrementally over the last few months, and everyday that goes by, it seems to get a hundred times bigger. So, you know, nothing surprises me to do with Twilight anymore." KRISTEN STEWART AND ROBERT PATTINSON TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) KRISTEN STEWART, ACTRESS SAYING: "It's great. I sort of love the book just as much as these people do. So it's weird to see something that is so personal on such a wide scale. But it's sort of why we do, what we do. Usually my movies never get seen. I work so hard for weeks on end, so this is why we do what we do, so people can consume it." ROBERT PATTINSON SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ROBERT PATTINSON, ACTOR SAYING: "I'm curious to see what happens in England. Because all this madness, I think I can go home to England and it will all just turn off." DIRECTOR CATHERINE HARDWICKE SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS (SOUNDBITE) (English) CATHERINE HARDWICKE, DIRECTOR SAYING: "How can you not love it. It's great. It's great that everybody is so enthusiastic and really wants to see the movie. Mostly if you're an indie filmmaker you're begging your grandmother to go see it. And here we've got people that want to." TAYLOR LAUTNER POSING FOR PICTURES IN FRONT OF FANS CAM GIGANDET POSING FOR PICTURES (SOUNDBITE) (English) CAM GIGANDET, ACTOR SAYING: "I did. I read the books oh, seven months before knowing it was going to be a movie. I just kind of read it one day while I was at work on another movie and you know it came to be. And I was like, Oh, sign me up, no matter what. Get me in that movie." PETER FACINELLI WITH WIFE JENNIE GARTH (SOUNDBITE) (English) PETER FACINELLI, ACTRESS SAYING: "None of us expected this kind of turn out. We all knew there a big fan base for it. But, you know, this is just crazy." KELLEN LUTZ SIGNING TWILIGHT COVER NIKKI REED POSING FOR PICTURES WITH FANS (SOUNDBITE) (English) NIKKI REED, ACTRESS SAYING: "Yeah, I read all the books before we started shooting. And I'm just as much of a Twilight fan as all these people are that are here. So that's definitely a new experience for me." ELIZABETH REASER SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS ROW OF FANS HOLDING UP CAMERAS CLOSE UP OF FAN HOLDING TWILIGHT BOOK PAN OF CARPET WITH FANS SCREAMING
- Embargoed: 4th December 2008 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Defence / Military
- Reuters ID: LVA5CF4XJ37IPRSJRZIMD22KZA5P
- Story Text: Hundreds of screaming fans crammed up against barricades in Los Angeles to get a glimpse of the stars of "Twilight". The film marks the first based on a series of books that revolve around the relationship between an average teenage girl, Bella, and a vampire, Edward, in a rainy Northwest town. The books have thousands of fans and have been sitting on top of bestseller lists. Some fans even camped overnight to get the best spots at the premiere.
The two stars of the film, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were greeted with screams as they walked down the red carpet. Pattinson says he had no idea this film would get this big. "You know, I went into it as a normal job, I mean, it was just an audition," he said. "And then, it became this thing, incrementally over the last few months, and everyday that goes by, it seems to get a hundred times bigger. So, you know, nothing surprises me to do with Twilight anymore."
Many of the young stars were fans of the books before they got involved in the film. Cam Gigandet, who plays the villain, says he jumped at the chance to take part in the movie. "I just kind of read it one day while I was at work on another movie and you know it came to be," said Gigandet. "And I was like, Oh, sign me up, no matter what. Get me in that movie."
It's not just teen girls who love the books and the film. There were many teen boys just as excited about getting an autograph. Also some of the fans screaming for pictures with the actors have children of their own.
Twilight opens in theaters in the U.S. on November 21.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None