- Title: VARIOUS: Screaming fans descend on the Jonas Brothers in London
- Date: 14th May 2009
- Summary: ROLLING OUT CARPET AT PREMIERE PAN FROM 'WE LOVE KEVIN' SIGN TO GIRLS AT BARRIER CHANTING 'WE LOVE JONAS' FANS HOLDING UP JONAS BROTHERS POSTER FANS AT BARRIER MORE OF FANS HOLDING UP POSTERS (2 SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 29th May 2009 13:00
- Reuters ID: LVACP927SPVPMHRYJV2B4TGVALHG
- Story Text: Hordes of screaming female teenage fans packed into London's Leicester Square to get a glimpse of their their heartthrob music idols, the Jonas Brothers, on Wednesday (May 13).
The crowd went hysterical as Kevin, Nick and Joe Jonas arrived at the premiere of their latest film, 'The Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience'.
Two live concerts were filmed especially in 3D for the film, which is broken up with behind-the-scenes footage of the brother's life on the road.
Produced by Kevin Jonas, the concert movie marks a further foray into film and television for the music trio, who have several ongoing Disney collaborations.
"It's another piece of entertainment that we're branching out into. You know the music is still so much a part of who we are and to do a music film is fantastic. So we wanted this film to be a real great way for people to look into our life us into our life plus to look into who we are as people on stage. So it's a great opportunity for that and we're really happy with the way it's been received," Kevin Jonas told Reuters Television.
And there are more movie and television projects in the works. They include a sequel to the Disney produced 'Camp Rock' television movie, a new television series, 'Jonas' launched this month, and an adaptation of the children's book series 'Walter the Farting Dog' directed by the Farrelly Brothers of 'Dumb' and Dumber' and 'There's Something About Mary' fame.
While that would be a busy enough year for any artist, the brothers also have a new upcoming 4th album, 'Lines, Vines and Troubled Times' (scheduled for a June 15 world-wide release), and a world tour.
Three concerts that will showcase the new album to European audiences next month in Madrid (June 13), Paris (June 14) and London (June 15) are already sold out.
Kevin, Joe and Nick will then return to Europe and the United Kingdom in November after completing the four month North and Latin American leg of their world tour.
'The Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience' hits UK cinemas on May
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None