- Title: GERMANY: Penelope Cruz attends German premiere of her latest movie "Volver"
- Date: 27th July 2006
- Summary: PAN FROM CAMERA CREWS TO "KULTURBRAUEREI" MOVIE THEATRE
- Embargoed: 11th August 2006 13:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA2BQSEGG651GS7JKQ1HRIDDW78
- Story Text: Penelope Cruz has attended the German premiere of her latest movie "Volver" at a Berlin cinema on Wednesday evening (July 26), saying the film is "something very special to me in a personal way."
The Spanish melodrama directed by Pedro Almodovar tells the story of Raimunda (Cruz) and her colourful life which she shares with her 15-year-old daughter and the all of a sudden very lively spirit of her deceased mother (Carmen Maura).
Together, the women take on the task of trying to make a dead body disappear from the restaurant's fridge.
"It's one of my favourite movies," Cruz told Reuters Television.
"It's the most special one and I am a very grateful for the lots of opportunities I've had in my career. They've given me beautiful characters but I think this one means something very special to me in a very personal way," Cruz said.
Also starring are Lola Duenas, Blanca Portillo and Yohana Cobo.
"Volver" was awarded "Best Female Ensemble" and "Best Screenplay" at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
The film be shown at cinemas across Germany from August 3.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None