- Title: ITALY: NATO SECRETARY GENERAL ARRIVES FOR TALKS WITH PRIME MINISTER BERLUSCONI
- Date: 13th February 2004
- Summary: (W5) ROME, ITALY (FEBRUARY 13, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. VARIOUS OF ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER SILVIO BERLUSCONI ENTERING ROOM AND JOKING WITH WAITING JOURNALISTS SAYING TO WHOM DO YOU SELL THESE PICTURES OF BERLUSCONI, I THINK YOU MUST BE LOOSING MONEY, THEN WALKING OUT 0.16 2. CLOSE UP OF PHOTOGRAPHERS 0.17 3. SLV ITALIAN DEFENCE MINISTER ANTONIO MARTINO GREETING NATO SECRETARY-GENERAL JAAP DE HOOP SCHEFFER 0.20 4. SLV MARTINO AND SCHEFFER LEAVING ROOM 0.28 5. SCU PHOTOGRAPHER 0.30 6. VARIOUS OF BERLUSCONI GREETING DE HOOP SCHEFFER AND POSING FOR MEDIA 1.10 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 28th February 2004 12:00
- Location: ROME, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVA8J3ZUSG7XRA2YY371X5QOPU02
- Story Text: Nato Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer has
arrived in Italy for a round of talks.
Nato Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer met
with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi on Friday
Joking with waiting cameramen and photographers ahead
of the meeting a cheerful Italian prime minister said: "I
wonder who buys all this pictures that you take of
Berlusconi. I think you must be losing money."
Jaap de Hoop Scheffer also met Italian Defence Minister
During the talks De Hoop Scheffer, who is a former
Dutch foreign minister, is expected to discuss a range of
issues including Iraq.
In London on Thursday (February 12) De Hoop Scheffer
said a decision on whether the nineteen-member NATO
alliance should go into Iraq was a long way off and that
the organisation's first priority remained the expansion of
operations in Afghanistan.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None