- Title: IRAQ: GUNMEN SEIZE TWO EGYPTIANS FROM THEIR BAGHDAD OFFICE
- Date: 26th September 2004
- Summary: (W4) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (SEPTEMBER 24, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. WIDE OF STREET FROM WHERE EGYPTIANS WERE TAKEN; SCU SIGN "KINDI STREET" 0.11 2. SLV EXTERIOR SHOP WITH SIGN "IRAQNA" (PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A SHOP THAT SELLS "IRAQNA" PRODUCTS, NOT THE OFFICES FROM WHERE THE MEN WERE TAKEN); SLV ADVERTISING BOARDS ("IRAQNA" AD FEATURED ON THE BOARD) 0.23 3. SLV EXTERIOR ANOTHER SHOP WITH SIGN "IRAQNA" (PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A SHOP THAT SELLS "IRAQNA" PRODUCTS, NOT THE OFFICES FROM WHERE THE MEN WERE TAKEN); SLV SHOP 0.45 4. SLV TRAFFIC ON STREET 0.55 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 11th October 2004 13:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVABXTS50LPHG6AOSEJX0UEXR5B6
- Story Text: Gunmen seize two Egyptians from their Baghdad office.
Two Egyptians working for a telecoms company in
Baghdad were seized from their offices overnight by a group
of armed men, Iraq's Interior Ministry said on Friday
(September 24, 2004).
Police said the gunmen tied up the security guards
outside the building and then burst inside and kidnapped
the two men.
They both worked for Iraqna, a mobile
telecommunications company covering Baghdad and central
Iraq in which Egypt-based firm Orascom has a sizeable
Over the last six months more than 100 foreign hostages
have been seized in Iraq. Most have been freed but around
30 have been killed by their captors.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None