- Title: IRAQ: U.S. TROOPS STORM AL-SADR'S OFFICE IN BAQUBA, CLASHES CONTINUE ACROSS IRAQ.
- Date: 10th April 2004
- Summary: (W4) ADHIMIYA, BAGHDAD, IRAQ (APRIL 10, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV: AL-ADHIMIYA DISTRICT AND SMOKE RISING 0.04 2. LV: HELICOPTER FLYING OVER 0.10 3. GV: EMPTY STREET AND CAR ATTACKED BY U.S. FIRE 0.13 4. VARIOUS: U.S. TANK DRIVING IN THE STREET AND AUDIO OF GUNFIRE, TANKS AND MILITARY VEHICLES ON STREETS (11 SHOTS) 1.52 5. L/GV: PEOPLE STANDING ON ONE SIDE OF A ROAD TRYING TO CROSS (3 SHOTS) 2.11 (W4) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (APRIL 10, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 6. GV/LV: VARIOUS OF U.S. TANK ON FIRE AND SOUND OF EXPLODING AMMUNITIONS (5 SHOTS) 2.44 (U3) BAQUBA, IRAQ (APRIL 10, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 7. CU/MV: DAMAGE IN AL-SADR OFFICE IN BAQUBA (2 SHOTS) 2.51 8. (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) ONE OF BAQUBA RESIDENTS SAYING: "All of us will sacrifice himself for this country, all of Arabs and muslims have to take revenge from them (America)." 3.06 9. LV/GV: U.S. SOLDIERS BLOCKING THE ROADS OF BAQUBA, OVERTURNED VEHICLE (2 SHOTS) 3.22 (W4) MOSUL, IRAQ (APRIL 10, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 10. LV/GV: VARIOUS NIGHT SHOTS OF MOSUL AND AUDIO OF THE GUNFIRE AND IRAQI POLICE FIRING (4 SHOTS) 4.05 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 25th April 2004 13:00
- Location: BAQUBA/BAGHDAD, MOSUL, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA1HZ2ZHNQRK71SXFZDOSDWLL2R
- Story Text: Al-Sadr's office in Baquba is stormed by U.S troops
while clashes continue in Baghdad and Mosul.
Clashes between U.S. soldiers and militiamen erupted
in the Sunni Muslim district of north-western Baghdad on
Saturday (April 10).
Dozens of militiamen armed with rocket-propelled
grenades and assault rifles were shooting at U.S. troops
from alleyways in the Adhimiya district of the capital.
A civilian car driver was shot dead by U.S. soldiers
fire, witnesses said.
Meanwhile a U.S. tank was set on fire west Baghdad after
being attacked by insurgents.
For the past week, U.S.-led forces have been battling
insurgents in the Sunni cities of Falluja and Ramadi, 50 to
110 kms (30 to 65 miles) west of Baghdad. But in recent
days the fighting has crept closer to the capital.
In Baquba U.S. troops fired rockets then stormed
Moqtada al-Sadr's office, causing lots of damage in the
office and a shop next door belonging to one of his
Eyewitnesses said American gunners fired rocket at
Sadr's office followed by a hail of bullets. The troops
then stormed the office and confiscated some of its
No casualties were reported in the attack.
On Friday (April 9) a U.S army convoy came under attack
on the outskirts of Baquba. One U.S soldier was wounded in
the attack. There was no confirmation from the coalition
One civilian truck was seen flipped onto its side near
the attack apparently caused by an IED (improvised
Gunfire battle erupted in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul
on Saturday (April 10) between U.S. soldiers Iraqi police
On Friday (April 9) shooting broke out after a
demonstration in the northern city of Mosul, witnesses said. They said
at least three Iraqis were killed in
fighting around Mosul city hall and a dawn-to-dusk curfew
had been imposed.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None