- Title: FRANCE: PIERRE BALMAIN DESCRIBES DESIGNS FROM HIS 1975 SPRING COLLECTION
- Date: 18th January 1975
- Summary: 1. GV Balmain fashion house, Paris 0.08 2. CU Balmain speaking SOF IN "Our Spring collection ... SOF OUT ... couturier of 1975" 0.58 Balmain continues SOF IN "For example ... (as model displays springtime day fashion suit) (second model displays silk chiffon cocktail dress) (third model displays printed silk chiffon evening dress and turban) ZOOM IN TO Balmain SOF OUT "... spring of 1975." 2.27 TRANSCRIPT (SEQ 2): BALMAIN: "Our Spring collection is very, very light in colour ... off-white, white, all the very classical pastel shades, lilac, pink pale blue ... and if we have occasional touches of navy, it is rather occasional. The silhouette is much straighter. When there is any fullness, it is always on the straight, never on the bias. And I am turning definitely my shoulders to the retro. I want to be a couturier of 1975. "For example, for daytime ... classical suits have slightly longer jackets, straight backs, straight pockets, but intricate pockets. In off-white, natural Chinese shantung. The hat is trimmed with wheat and the blouse in a matching colour. "For Cocktails, again another shade of beige in a very light silk chiffon, embroidered for the skirt and worked in straight dots. All in beige with a touch of a peach rose. "For evening wear, I have selected a dress made of a printed chiffon in all very delicate colours of blues and greens. The motif is lilac and the dress is completely plain with long stoles. The matching turban is actually part of the dress. "This is the way we see women for the spring of 1975." Initials CL/1810 CL/1814 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 2nd February 1975 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA9HQ0DX668PXXNW7YZ1V2FNOHN
- Story Text: Leading French couturier Pierre Balmain has unveiled his 1975 Spring collection.
The themes of Balmain's designs this year are the use of classical pastel shades and straighter silhouette. He has incorporated these ideas throughout his new collection from daytime suits to flowing silk chiffon evening-wear.
In an exclusive preview filmed by Visnews in Paris on Friday (17 January), the master of haute couture personally outlined the basic ideas and described highlights from the collection.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None