- Title: MEXICO: Colombian pop music sensation Shakira launches a Mexican concert tour
- Date: 17th May 2007
- Summary: SHAKIRA LEAVING THE AIRPORT IN AN SUV CAR WITH COLOMBIAN AND MEXICAN FLAGS LEAVING THE AIRPORT
- Embargoed: 1st June 2007 13:00
- Location: Mexico
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAAOGBKEIIA9UV2OIUMTENG87I5
- Story Text: Shakira arrived in Culiacan, Mexico (1200 kilometres northwest of Mexico City) on Wednesday (May 9) for one of the final stops on her international album tour. The Colombian pop star has visited 36 countries since beginning the Oral Fixation Tour in Spain last June.
Her visit to Mexico is Shakira's second stop in the country during her tour. Last October she performed in Monterrey, Guadalajara and Mexico City. This time around, she will hold concerts in the provincial cities Culiacan, Aguascalientes, Torreon, Veracruz, Queretaro, Chihuahua and San Luis Potosi -- places that do not usually attract international celebrities.
After almost a year of travelling, Shakira said she is ready for a break.
"I am going to have six months free before beginning a new project and a new album and what I want is to be a little bit outside of music - to do other things, to be a little more of a person," she said.
She said she would like to start a family with her boyfriend, Antonio de la Rua.
"I still have not made a family with Antonio, I would love that. There are a lot of projects I haven't finished that I've had in my mind for many years as the foundation. I would like to do something in the movies, I think, but be more behind the cameras than in front."
Shakira said she has no immediate wedding plans.
"I feel more married than the ones who are not able to marry," she said.
Shakira's Oral Fixation tour will officially end on June 9 with a concert in Istanbul, Turkey. She has performed 119 concerts during her international tour, drawing some 2 million people in almost a year of continuous performances. Shakira spent most of her time in Mexico, the U.S., Spain and Germany, performing a total of 78 times in those countries.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None