- Title: DENMARK-SHOOTING/SYNAGOGUE Shots fired at Copenhagen synagogue - Danish police
- Date: 15th February 2015
- Summary: COPENHAGEN, DENMARK (FEBRUARY 15, 2015) (REUTERS) ++ NIGHT SHOTS ++ AMBULANCE WITH FLASHING LIGHT NEAR SYNAGOGUE AMBULANCE LIGHT FLASHING VARIOUS OF AMBULANCE PERSONNEL GATHERED NEAR SYNAGOGUE COPENHAGEN, DENMARK (FEBRUARY 15, 2015) (REUTERS) ++ NIGHT SHOTS ++ WIDE OF ARTS CAFE WHERE A SHOOTING TOOK PLACE SIGN FOR ARTS CAFE READING: " KRUDTTONDEN" FORENSIC TECHNICIAN WALKING PAST CAFE WINDOWS WITH BULLET HOLES AND TAPES POLICE AND FORENSIC TECHNICIANS TALKING WIDE OF CAFE FORENSIC TECHNICIANS INSIDE CAFE POLICE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF CAFE LIGHTS ON THE GROUND FLAG OF DENMARK / PARKING LOT IN BACKGROUND PEOPLE WALKING PAST FLOWERS ON THE GROUND BUS FLOWERS IN STREET VARIOUS OF POLICE PRESENCE IN CORDONED OFF AREA VARIOUS OF POLICE TAPE VARIOUS OF POLICEMEN
- Embargoed: 2nd March 2015 12:00
- Location: Denmark
- Country: Denmark
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVABXLK4H3T1UIH1BTY0RDGVEKFN
- Story Text: One person was shot in the head and two police were wounded in an attack on a synagogue in central Copenhagen, Danish police said on Sunday (February 15), adding that it was too early to say whether the incident was connected to an earlier one at an arts cafe.
Danish television station TV2 said a large metro and train station nearby, Norreport, was being evacuated and people in the area were told to stay indoors. A large area around the synagogue was cordoned off and police was seen searching a nearby park.
The news followed a shooting attack earlier Saturday (February 14) on a cafe which hosted a debate on freedom of speech and was attended by Swedish artist Lars Vilks, who has been threatened with death for his cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad. One man died in that attack, and police said a suspect was still at large.
Police could not yet describe the precise condition of the person shot in the head or the police officers who were hurt in the synagogue attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None