- Title: GAZA: CASUALTIES TREATED IN SHOOTING INCIDENT IN JEWISH SETTLEMENT OF KFAR DAROM.
- Date: 14th August 2005
- Summary: (BN03) KFAR DAROM SETTLEMENT, GAZA STRIP (AUGUST 14, 2005) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/PAN: AMBULANCES ARRIVING AT SCENE 0.11 2. GV: MILITARY PERSONNEL AT SCENE 0.22 3. GV/MV: SOLDIERS RUNNING INTO SETTLEMENT; SOLDIERS NEAR ARMY POST WHERE SHOOTING OCCURRED (2 SHOTS) 0.36 4. GV/MV/PAN: SOLDIERS AND MEDICAL WORKERS CARRYING WOUNDED SOLDIER ON STRETCHER (2 SHOTS) 0.55 5. GV: MEDICAL WORKERS TREATING CASUALTIES IN AMBULANCE 1.04 6. GV: SOLDIERS AROUND AMBULANCE; SOLDIER STEPPING INSIDE AMBULANCE, DRIVING AWAY (2 SHOTS) 1.25 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 29th August 2005 13:00
- Location: KFAR DAROM SETTLEMENT, GAZA STRIP
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Reuters ID: LVAC5GR1WN0GPNGBE9YYYPMS8Y63
- Story Text: Reports of casualties in shooting incident in Gaza
Jewish settlement of Kfar Darom.
Heavy exchanges of gunfire were heard on Sunday
(August 14) morning in the Jewish settlement of Kfar Darom
in Gaza and at least one wounded Israeli soldier was
evacuated from the scene, a Reuters cameraman in Kfar Darom
The gun battle, in the religious settlement slated for
evacuation next week, lasted at least 30 minutes and
involved fire from an Israeli tank in or near the
settlement on an APC carrying soldiers, the cameraman said.
Ambulances evacuated the wounded soldiers to a southern
The tank shells were fired back at a Palestinian gunman
who earlier opened fire at an army post near the Gaza
Kfar Darom is an isolated settlement in Gaza surrounded
by Palestinian towns and refugee camps. It is considered
one of the more militant settlements, where Jewish settlers
have vowed to resist attempts to evacuate them during the
Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza settlements.
Hundreds of opponents of the pull-out from outside the
settlement have taken up residence in Kfar Darom to support
the settlers in their bid to scupper the evacuation plan.
Details of the shooting incident were vague overnight -
and the Israeli Army said they were waiting for more
information before issuing a statement.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None