- Title: THAILAND: GOVERNMENT DEFEATED IN CONFIDENCE VOTE.
- Date: 8th March 1975
- Summary: 1. GV EXTERIOR National assembly 0.05 2. SV Police security guards and crowd 0.10 3. GV INTERIOR Assembly ZOOM TO Seni speaking 0.30 4. SV Chairman 0.32 5. GV Voting papers being distributed 0.43 6. GV ZOOM TO Seni followed by others 1.01 7. SV Chairman speaking 1.10 8. GV Assembly listening 1.15 Initials CL/2011 CL/202C Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 23rd March 1975 13:00
- Location: BANGKOK, THAILAND
- Country: Thailand
- Reuters ID: LVA7VG0WQVTYU1WFQ7LOHI4YCUYM
- Story Text: The coalition Government in Thailand was defeated in a confidence vote in the National Assembly on Thursday (March 6) ... only three weeks after being elected to power.
The vote followed a policy speech by the coalition leader, Mr. Seni Pramog whose democrat party with 72 seats was the largest single bloc in the National Assembly.
The Assembly elected Mr. Seni, aged 69, Prime Minister on February 13. The heated debate lasted about 12 hours and ended with the confidence vote going against Mr. Seni by 152 votes to 111.
The speaker of the Assembly will decide which of the other leading political parties will be asked to form a new Government.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None