- Title: FRANCE: VOTERS RETURN TO POLLS FOR SECOND ROUND OF MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS.
- Date: 18th June 1995
- Summary: CLICHY SOUS BOIS, PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 18, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/SV EXT.TOWN HALL AT CLICHY SOUS BOIS, A PARIS SUBURB/FRENCH FLAG (2 SHOTS) 0.07 2. SLV POSTERS OF CANDIDATES/SV/VARIOUS INSIDE VOTING HALL OF PEOPLE VOTING/BALLOT BOX (7 SHOTS) 0.55 3. SV UNIDENTIFIED VOTER OUTSIDE TOWN HALL SAYING I VOTED NATIONAL FRONT BECAUSE I AM COMPLETELY FED UP WITH WHAT I SEE IN THIS TOWN (FRENCH) 1.01 4. SV/MCU POSTERS OF CANDIDATES (2 SHOTS) 1.08 5. SV UNIDENTIFIED VOTERS SAYING THEY ARE WORRIED BY THE RISE OF THE NATIONAL FRONT (FRENCH) (3 SHOTS) 1.24 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 3rd July 1995 13:00
- Location: CLICHY SUR BOIS, PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAF0Q7Q9RKJFBAA02CHYH6GQXIN
- Story Text: French voters returned to the polls on Sunday (June 18) for the second round of voting in municipal elections.
What started out as low key election campaign has been turned around by the strong performance of the far right National Front Party (FN).
Led by Jean-Marie Le Pen, the FN is in a position to take control of several towns throughout the country for the first time.
In the Paris suburb of Clichy sous Bois, the FN won the first round of voting and is poised to win the runoff. In this suburb, north-west of the capital, voters believe the FN will eradicate crime and put an end to the town's high unemployment with its anti-immigrant policies.
More than half a million council seats are at stake in 36,000 towns and villages.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None