- Title: OLYMPICS-BRAZIL/MEETING International Olympic Committee meets in Rio
- Date: 24th February 2015
- Summary: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (FEBRUARY 24, 2015) (REUTERS) INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (IOC) BOARD MEMBERS MEETING VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE IOC, NAWAL EL MOUTAWAKEL, ADDRESSING THE MEETING, SITTING NEXT TO PRESIDENT OF THE LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE, CARLOS ARTHUR NUZMAN (NOT A SOUNDBITE) EL MOUTAWAKEL ADDRESSING THE MEETING MEETING IN PROGRESS WITH OLYMPIC AND BRAZILIAN FLAGS BEHIND VARIOUS OF IOC BOARD MEMBERS DURING THE MEETING JOURNALISTS FILMING AND TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS NUZMAN ADDRESSING THE MEETING (NOT A SOUNDBITE) MEETING IN PROGRESS VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF WINDSOR ATLANTIC HOTEL IN COPACABANA WHERE THE MEETING WAS TAKING PLACE
- Embargoed: 11th March 2015 12:00
- Location: Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA7GM3OOQO494TR5X7J5VQOPO3S
- Story Text: The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board met in Rio de Janeiro on Tuesday (February 24) to discuss preparations for the 2016 Olympic Games and priorities for the implementation of the Olympic Agenda 2020.
The meeting, which was held in Windsor Atlantic Hotel in Copacabana, was chaired by IOC Vice-President Nawal el Moutawakel, and Local Organising Committee President, Carlos Arthur Nuzman.
Board members received reports from various IOC commissions as well as updates on the activities of the IOC administration and preparations for the Olympic and Youth Olympic Games.
The meeting forms part of an IOC trip to the host city ongoing throughout the week, during which board members are engaging with local athletes through master classes and visits to social and sporting projects.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None