- Title: FRANCE: Heavy rains hit Cannes
- Date: 16th May 2010
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 15, 2010) (REUTERS) WIDE EXTERIOR OF PALAIS WITH PEOPLE UNDER UMBRELLAS VARIOUS OF PEOPLE UNDER UMBRELLAS WOMAN HOLDING HER HOOD WITH HANDS CLOSE OF CANNES PALM SIGNAGE MAN WALKING WITH CHILD IN ARMS AGAINST WIND VARIOUS OF PEOPLE UNDER UMBRELLAS STANDING BESIDE RED CARPET CLOSE OF WOMAN HOLDING NEWSPAPER OVER HEAD VARIOUS OF PEOPLE UNDER UMBRELLAS CLOSE OF WOMAN HOLDING RED BAG OVER HER HEAD VARIOUS OF PEOPLE UNDER UMBRELLAS PEOPLE'S FEET GETTING WET TREES BLOWING
- Embargoed: 31st May 2010 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA7TYY7P5M4MTSOQKYX4ED25EHV
- Story Text: Heavy rains caused havoc on the Croisette again at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday (May 15).
The normally sun-kissed shores of the Cote d'Azur were replaced by dark clouds and strong winds as people were pummelled by the rain.
Starlets, bystanders and journalists scampered for cover as temperatures dropped from the usual 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Farenheit), the average for this time of year, to 14 degrees Celsius (52 degrees Farenheit).
Freak storms crashed into the French Riviera as organisers, restaurant owners and shopkeepers scrambled to undergo a last-minute clean-up operation last week.
Sunny skies are expected for the rest the following week but temperatures appear to be below average for this time of year.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None