- Title: GERMANY: Snowfall hits parts of Germany but causes no major disruptions so far
- Date: 4th December 2008
- Summary: (XX) BERLIN, GERMANY (DECEMBER 03, 2008) (REUTERS) WIDE OF BERLIN'S LANDMARK, THE BRANDENBURG GATE, AS SNOW IS FALLING EXTERIOR OF REICHSTAG BUILDING, SEAT OF GERMAN PARLIAMENT GLASS DOME ON TOP OF REICHSTAG CARS DRIVING PAST VICTORY COLUMN GOLD ANGEL ON TOP OF VICTORY COLUMN
- Embargoed: 19th December 2008 12:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Weather
- Reuters ID: LVAA2XZ0AN5WXWQBKS9W2AWVHT75
- Story Text: Snow has returned to parts of Germany on Wednesday (December 03) and turned roads into hazardous ice rinks in some areas of the country.
In the western German Eifel region near Blankenheim, deer were seen running across a snow covered field while a snow plough nearby cleared roads from snow and ice.
In the capital Berlin, snow started falling around 10 a.m. (0900 GMT), leaving a thin white blanket across the city which later disappeared as the snowfall turned into rain.
According to media reports, Hamburg, the northern state of Schleswig-Holstein on the Danish border and parts of Thuringia and Hesse were most affected by snowfall.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None