- Title: AUSTRIA: FOOTBALL/SOCCER: Spanish squad relax before Euro 2008 final
- Date: 30th June 2008
- Summary: (B10) VIENNA, AUSTRIA (JUNE 29, 2008) (REUTERS) SPAIN MIDFIELDER XAVI, FORWARD RAUL TAMUDO AND OTHER SPAIN PLAYERS WALKING TOWARD VIENNA PARK "VOLKSGARTEN" WHICH IS NEXT TO THE FAN ZONE MIDFIELDER XABI ALONSO AND CESC FABREGAS WALKING PAST PLAYERS WALKING IN THE PARK "VOLKSGARTEN" NEXT TO VIENNA FAN ZONE INJURED STRIKER DAVID VILLA TALKING ON THE PHONE PLAYERS INCLUDING DEFENDER SERGIO RAMOS AND MIDFIELDER ANDRES INIJESTA EXITING PARK FORWARD FERNANDO TORRES HAVING PICTURE TAKEN WITH FEMALE FAN TORRES, MIDFIELDERS MARCOS SENNA AND RUBEN DE LA RED AND ALONSO GETTING ON BUS DEFENDER CARLES PUYOL AND OTHERS GETTING ONTO BUS VARIOUS OF PLAYERS GETTING ONTO BUS BUS PULLING AWAY
- Embargoed: 15th July 2008 13:00
- Location: Austria
- Country: Austria
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVAB5KGUR45SHTGBS9NDY7T6WDBZ
- Story Text: Only hours before the Spanish play Germany in the Euro 2008 final, the team took a stroll in the park outside their hotel in Vienna on Sunday (June 29).
Vienna's park "Volksgarten" is situated right next to the fan zone. Injured striker David Villa was spotted joining his team mates.
Spain coach Luis Aragones confirmed on Saturday that Villa would not play against Germany in Sunday's Euro 2008 final.
The 69-year-old hinted he would bring Cesc Fabregas into the midfield, although he did not rule out playing Daniel Guiza alongside Fernando Torres up front.
Villa, the top scorer at the tournament with four goals, strained a muscle in his right thigh late in the first half of the 3-0 win over Russia in the semi-final on Thursday.
He was replaced by Fabregas and the 21-year-old midfielder set up two of Spain's three goals in the second half.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None