- Title: UNITED STATES: LOS ANGELES CITIZENS WELCOME END OF O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
- Date: 4th October 1995
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 4, 1995) (RTV -- ACCESS ALL) 1. VIEW OVER CITY THROUGH SMOG 0.05 2. LV HOLLYWOOD SIGN ON HILL OVERLOOKING CITY 0.18 3. SCU UNIDENTIFIED MAN SAYING I THINK PEOPLE WILL TALK ABOUT THE TRIAL FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND THEN THEY'LL BE KIND OF STUCK FOR TOPICS OF CONVERSATION (ENGLISH) 0.26 4. SCU UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN SAYING THAT NOW MAYBE PEOPLE CAN TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT REALLY MATTER (ENGLISH) 0.34 5. SCU UNIDENTIFIED MAN SAYING I THINK WE'RE ALL JUST GLAD IT IS OVER I THINK EVERYONE IS GLAD TO SEE IT OVER. WE'LL MOVE ON. I GUESS WE'LL SEE WHAT NEXT BIG EVENT IS (ENGLISH) 0.55 6. SCU UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN SAYING HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET BACK TO THE PROBLEMS OF THE CITY AND TO TALKING ABOUT BUSINESS. BACK TO WORK. I'M HAPPY TO HAVE IT OVER WITH. (ENGLISH) 1.16 7. SCU ANOTHER UNIDENTIFIED MAN SAYING I'M SURE THERE'LL BE SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT -- AN EARTHQUAKE OR A FIRE -- THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING IN L.A. TO TALK ABOUT (ENGLISH) 1.29 8. GV LOS ANGELES SKYLINE / CARS PASSING DOWN ROAD 1.36 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 19th October 1995 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA23SH5L9EGQQN1KOG2655Z1FFQ
- Story Text: One day after football legend O.J. Simpson was found not guilty of the murder of his ex-wife and her friend, Americans were already missing watching the "trial of the century" on television.
Simpson was acquitted on Tuesday (October 3) of the murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman.
Some Los Angeles residents told a reporter on Wednesday (October 4) that they don't know what they will talk about now that the trial had concluded.
"I think we'll probably talk about it for the next few weeks and then we'll be kind of stuck (for topics of conversation)," said one unidentified man.
But others said it won't be too long before the city finds something else to discuss.
"I'm sure there'll be something else to talk about -- an earthquake or a fire -- there's always something in L.A. to talk about," said an unidentified man.
Others expressed relief that the trial was over and now the city could get back to discussing things that really mattered.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None