- Title: UNITED STATES: MOROCCAN KING HASSAN MEETS ISRAELI PRIME MINISTER RABIN
- Date: 20th October 1995
- Summary: NEW YORK, USA (OCTOBER 20, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV ISRAELI PRIME MINISTER YITZHAK RABIN / ZOOM OUT TO GV RABIN SEATED WITH MOROCCAN KING HASSAN / SV HASSAN (2 SHOTS) 0.28 2. SLV/SV/GV RABIN WALKING DOWN STREET IN RAIN WITH BODYGUARDS (3 SHOTS) 1.08 3. SV RABIN GOES INTO PLAZA HOTEL 1.32 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 4th November 1995 12:00
- Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA98EPNL5J2FDICCMESYGQC853X
- Story Text: Moroccan King Hassan conferred with Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in New York, in the United States, on Friday (October 20) and told him further steps would be taken soon to normalise relations between the two countries.
Morocco and Israel currently have reciprocal liaison offices.
The two leaders are said to have discussed the current state of Middle East peace talks in New York's Plaza Hotel. Rabin expressed hope that the king would help develop regional economic cooperation and encourage more Arab states to join the peace process.
Hassan and Rabin are in New York for a special three-day session to celebrate the United Nation's (U.N.'s) 50th anniversary.
Both are scheduled to address the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday (October 24).
The long-planned celebrations begin officially on Sunday. Each of the 185 U.N. members, plus those with observer status such as Switzerland, the Vatican and the Palestine Liberation Organisation, were invited to send their kings, presidents, prime minsisters or other high-ranking officials.
After the meeting, Rabin observed the rules of Sabbath that bans the use of vehicles and walked in the rain from the Plaza Hotel to the Regency hotel where he is staying. Rabin was accompanied by a group of secret servicemen and by several vehicles.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None