- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: RULER OF OMAN HAS TALKS WITH BRITISH PRIME MINISTER HEATH
- Date: 11th September 1973
- Summary: 1. GV and SV Car arrives; Sultan out of car; greeted by Heath and into No. 10 Downing Street. 0.37 2. CU Flag on car 0.43 3. MV Crowds watching 0.46 4. SV Heath and Sultan out of No. 10; shake hands; Sultan into car and drives off. 1.14 Initials APSM/2315 APSM/2334 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 26th September 1973 13:00
- Location: LONDON
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA1P79WNCCKAOKT2HC13HAGVPVU
- Story Text: Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, the Ruler of Oman, had a forty-five minute meeting with the British Prime Minister, Mr Edward Heath, at Number Ten Downing Street in London on Tuesday (11 September).
No details have been released about their discussion which follows a meeting last Thursday (7 September) between the Sultan and French President Georges Pompidou at the Elysee Palace in Paris. The Sultan had flown to Paris specially form Algiers, where he had been attending the recent Non-Aligned Summit, and he spent 75 minutes with President Pompidou.
Two other rulers from the oil-rich Gulf area -- Sheikh Zaid Bin Sultan, President of the Untied Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu Dhabi, and Sheikh Khalifa Bin Hamad Al-Thani, Ruler of Qatar -- are due to see Mr Heath next week while on private visits to Britain. The will also see British Foreign Secretary, Sir Alec Douglas Home.
Britain, which imports oil from the area, has friendly relations with all three rulers.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None