- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: CHARITY LAUNCH FOR VERSACE BOOK
- Date: 14th June 1995
- Summary: LONDON, UK (JUNE 14, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV EXTERIOR VERSACE SHOP/ROCK STAR ELTON JOHN AIDS (ACQUIRED IMMUNE DEFICIENCY SYNDROME) POSTER 0.11 2. SV FANS AND MEDIA WAITING 0.15 3. SV CARS ARRIVING 0.20 4. SV GUESTS INSIDE 0.24 5. SV GIANNI VERSACE BOOK ON SHOW 0.30 6. SV GIANNI VERSACE AND GRETA SCACCHI ARRIVING 0.37 7. SV ACTOR MICHAEL CAINE 0.42 8. SV MODEL NAOMI CAMPBELL 0.51 9. SCU ELTON JOHN TALKING ABOUT AIDS FOUNDATION (ENGLISH) 1.15 10. SV PULLOUT VERSACE POSTER TO CROWDED ROOM 1.22 11. SV ELTON JOHN TALKING TO SINGER ROD STEWART AND WIFE RACHEL HUNTER 1.26 12. SV VERSACE SAYING ITS A BOOK ABOUT INDIVIDUALITY (ENGLISH) 1.51 13. SV VARIOUS OF GIANNI VERSACE BOOK "MEN WITHOUT TIES" 2.08 14. SV PEOPLE AT PARTY 2.17 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 29th June 1995 13:00
- Location: LONDON, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVAEX9GSYYACN4B2VSLHEWVCL9D2
- Story Text: About 100 celebrities gathered in London on Wednesday (June 14) night for the launch of a photographic book by Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace.
The event was to raise funds for an AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) charity run by pop star Elton John, who also attended the party.
Guests included Rod Stewart and his wife Rachel Hunter, models Naomi Campbell and Helena Christianson, actors Michael Caine and Greta Scacchi, and several pop stars including Michael Hutchence of INXS.
Elton John said the AIDS foundation aimed to provide money directly to people who needed immediate care and support, and he hoped the Wednesday night event would raise around 100 thousand pounds sterling (160 thousand U.S. dollars).
Gianni Versace, whose fashion empire is under investigation for alleged corruption, seemed unperturbed as he arrived with Scacchi.
He said his book, "Men Without Ties", which features hundreds of photos of semi-clad men, was dedicated to individuality.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None