- Title: CYPRUS: GREEK AND TURKISH LEADERS VISIT UNITED NATIONS HEADQUARTERS AT PAPHOS.
- Date: 22nd May 1975
- Summary: 1. GV Helicopter lands near UN vehicles (2 shots) 0.15 2. LV Clerides and Denktash out of aircraft (2 shots) 0.35 3. SV & LV Women watch, men on roofs 0.40 4. LV & CU Crowd with banners (3 shots) 0.50 5. CU Denktash surrounded by women; receives flowers 1.05 6. CU Women chanting 1.10 7. SV Denktash and Clerides surrounded by crowd of chanting women (4 shots) 1.33 8. LV Denktash on platform with microphone 1.42 Initials BB/1925 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 6th June 1975 13:00
- Location: PAPHOS, CYPRUS
- Country: Cyprus
- Reuters ID: LVA7WUZ2CHU747O8D9IXXV9LVOB9
- Story Text: Turkish Cypriot negotiator Rauf Denktash and Greek Cypriot negotiator Glafkos Clerides flew to the headquarters of the United Nations force at Paphos - on the South western coast of Cyprus - on Wednesday (21 May).
The men travelled together in a United Nations helicopter. They toured the Turkish area of Paphos. On the way, several Greek Cypriots waved banners and a kiss for Mr. Denktash from several Turkish Cypriots.
Soon after the visit, Mr. Denktash said talks in Vienna, aimed at achieving a settlement on the island might have to be postponed. They are due to start on 5 June.
Mr. Denktash said has side might not have time to prepare its case because Turkish Cypriot constitutional experts attended the European Human Rights Commission in Strasbourg.
The Vienna meeting will be the second in the Austrian capital between Mr. Denktash and Mr. Clerides, in the presence of United Nations Secretary General Kurt Waldheim.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None